Thursday 10 March 2011

Angry Birds, Belgian Blue and familiar Shanghai faces

Yesterday morning, early start to Brussels. Ipod in my ears, music on load as ever when I travel, it's my me time. Step on the train to CPH airport and did a big mistake and not notice I entered "the quite wagon". For those who know me know the match is not perfect. Tessi and being quite is not really compatible and it was not today either. Three people yelled (as much as you yell in a silent wagon) "TURN OF YOUR IPOD!! Wow, relax a bit...and no I did not turn it off, but down!

People looked really anrgy in general in that wagon so probably a reason why you choose a silent and non social one. Next person who enters just point fingers at my little red handbag, which occupies one of the 25 free seats, and he decided he should sit just next to me and look even more angry than the folks allergic to sounds. I nearly held my breath for the rest of the trip to avoid making noice upsetting these angry birds!

Landed in the land of Belgian Blue, actually for the first time ever, excited about another site visit and the opportunity to get 2 full days of induction by the new boss. Many flicharts, slide decks, dialouges and laugther later my head was total full and not able to take in more, so we went for a nice walk in the centre, had a good meal in a noisy restaurant, not the choice for the angry birds I met in the morning, but for me it was good. Had a difficulty getting to sleep in my big hotel bed, twisted around half awake and half in the land of dreams. Too few hours of sleep before another informative day but managed all the way thru. I even met one of our neighbourgs from Shanghai in the office, how strange is that and how small is the world?

Flight home was good, did some puking bags writing, which made the handsome steward very interested  and he offered a full bag of them to bring with me if I needed some more for my reflections. I said no....even though he was good looking...the thing is to do the reflecting and writing on the flight and on a puking bag!

Home again and can't wait until it's weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment