Saturday 5 March 2011

Party animal or not?

Filled with lots of energy after a great first week on the other planet, remember I changed from Tellus to Mars, and here I was ready for my first weekend off and it was time for "The night of memories". Maybe a bit strange to have a night of memories after just 4 days away from former employer, you might think, however the memories were going way back in time, for a few people more than 40 years! 40 years is a long long time, more than my life actually and the site was ready for a party. Most people not working on site will ask "What is there to celebrate when you are a closing a site where 1000 people have worked and given their life" for us who is or has been working on the site it was the night of memories. For a few folks a nostalgic evening and probably a bit sad, but for me and the majority of people, just a good good closure of the greatest adventure.

I came back after 4 days on the other planet, with a big smile on my face already more commercialized than I could ever imaging and I was ready to party. Good food, nice drinks and entertainment - and the biggest question on everyone’s mind as always was, who would be the big artist of the night? The track record of celebrities (and excuse me my non Swedish readers) is very high with; The Ark, Wilmer X, Lena Ph, Style, Sanne Salmonsen etc etc so our expectations are always fairly high! But before telling you who it was let me share a few observations.

Why does some people have a non existing judgement when it comes to their clothes and what suites them and what does NOT suite them very well. I nearly puked when I saw one dress, or I should say half dress. God damn, it's a company party and you do not go there with a half dress, and I would not go anywhere in a dress like that.. So what is a half dress? Well, it's something that only cover the front side of your body, in this case a not so slim body, and you have NOTHING covering your back....not even a bra string....which means you are not wearing a bra….and in this case I can only say REVOLTING!

My second observation; there were a few princesses kissing a frog and I wonder, was it the first kiss? In a relationship or outside a relationship? A true frog or a frog they were hoping to become a prince? No matter what when this starts it is time to leave the party and head home for the real family J!

So, who were the artists yesterday?  Johan Wester and he was great as ever, Lunds studentsångare, Vocal 6 who sang a range of great songs, Ola, first singing a bedtime song but managed to turn around a rule the stage and then Amanda Jensen and she is so cool. So you can see it was all artists coming from Lund, which means I could have gone up on stage and sang a song should I have been brave enough …but I was not!!!

A wonderful night close a wonderful era!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment